Summary of your key rights
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, SI 2013/3134 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy. The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you’re entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if they can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
In order to action any of the above rights (if applicable), we ask that you first contact our team as soon as reasonably practical after having become aware of the fault or issue.
The information in this summary highlights some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully before placing an order with Out of Town Games Ltd.
Please be aware of the following:
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by Out of Town Games Ltd to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Supplier.
- Any special conditions applying to the provision of the Services are set out in the Schedule to this agreement.
- These terms and conditions are only available in English. Translations will not be legally binding.
- Any complaints should be addressed directly to us, details of how to contact us are in section 1.
- These terms and conditions take effect from the first date on which you first use our website or purchase from us.
1. About us
This website, ootgames.com, is owned and operated by Out of Town Games Ltd.
Registered Office: 167 Turners Hill, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9BH
Our postal address for Royal Mail is: Out of Town Games, PO Box 2278, Pulborough, RH20 9BQ
VAT number 366 7195 58
Company Number 139099795
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 01903 892389
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
2. General Conditions
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
- In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this.
- Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods. Whilst some game components may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
- Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- This contract is covered by English law.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
3. Advertised Prices
- Prices are valid at the time of placing the order but are subject to change without notice and do fluctuate.
- Although we make every effort to ensure advertised prices are correct, there may be occasions where an incorrect price is advertised. Under these circumstances we are not obliged to supply goods at the advertised price where there is an error in any said price.
- Where there is no MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) for a product, we have priced using a calculation typical to the Board Game industry.
- Please note that prices advertised are VAT inclusive (where applicable). We cannot currently supply to destinations outside of the UK but are hoping to do so in the future.
- Promotional prices only apply during the period stated and are subject to stock availability.
- Shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
- In cases where your gift voucher is lost or stolen, Out of Town Games Limited is unable to replace or reimburse the voucher. Out of Town Games cannot be held responsible for the any gift voucher lost as a result of theft or fraud.
- Should you return product(s) purchased using a gift voucher for an exchange of a lesser value, any refund amount due will be credited by a separate voucher.
- If a partial refund is made for any purchase using a gift voucher and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited by gift voucher in the first instance.
- We use secure payment facilities for online purchases. Payments by debit and credit cards are handled through the PayPal portal.
- You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time.
- Carriage charges will be shown prior to you placing your order.
- You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
- Once your order is complete we will notify you of the dispatch date.
- All pre-orders will have their payment taken at the point of ordering.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
- To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will occasionally validate name, address and other personal information supplied by yourself during order with appropriate third party databases. Acceptance of these terms and conditions indicates acceptance by you of these checks being carried out. Personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, where a record may be kept of this personal information. This is carried out only to confirm your identity in preventing fraud and credit checks are not performed. Your credit rating will remain unaffected.
- It is an offence to buy an age restricted title if you, or any third party intended recipient, is under the required minimum age.
5. Gift vouchers and reward program
- Use of your Out of Town Games gift voucher constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- We maintain the right to cancel the gift voucher in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another voucher.
- If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by gift voucher, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used (debit/credit voucher).
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Purchasers must be signed in to qualify for the benefits of our reward program as points cannot be awarded at a later date.
- Promotion voucher codes will always be accompanied by an expiry date and will not be valid after this point. Expiry dates are always at midnight GMT on the date of expiry. We reserve the right to withdraw voucher codes at any time and for any reason.
- For shipping we use Royal Mail, Parcelforce, and Hermes to deliver our goods.
- Delivery of goods that are in stock will usually be within the carrier’s specified delivery time depending on the service chosen.
- In stock items will usually be delivered in the UK within 3-5 working days of acceptance of order.
- We are unable to hold goods that are in stock pending the arrival of pre-ordered goods.
- New, pre-order items are dispatched as soon as stock becomes available.
- Any item on back order can be cancelled at any time up to the point of despatch.
- Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers.
- Some items may be unavailable, and the current stock status is approximate.
- If an item is reported as not arrived, we reserve the right to open an investigation with our chosen courier service provider before declaring the item lost. We similarly reserve the right to resend the item as opposed to issuing a refund. If an offer is made to resend but declined, we reserve the right to deduct 50% from the value of the refund in order to cover losses in such unusual circumstances. It is also company policy not to entertain future orders from customers reporting goods missing, until goods are returned to us as undelivered.
Items ordered using the ‘24 Hour Tracked’ Delivery Service will be dispatched subject to the following conditions:
- Orders received before midday Monday to Friday will be dispatched on the same day and should be delivered the following working day.
- Orders placed after midday will be dispatched the following working day and should be delivered the day after.
- Delivery cannot be guaranteed at weekends and bank holidays.
- Orders placed on a Friday before midday will be delivered on the next business day (usually Monday).
- Orders placed Friday after midday, or at any time during a weekend, bank holiday, other holiday period, or after midday on a working day that is followed by a holiday, will be dispatched the following working day and should be delivered the day after.
- Where there are circumstances beyond our control such as severe adverse weather and/or industrial action, we cannot guarantee that Next Business Day orders will arrive in time and no compensation will be granted for late deliveries in such circumstances.
- The Next Business Day option is available to most mainland UK addresses.
7. Cancellation, faulty items and returns
- Please email us immediately if you wish to cancel or return your order for any reason.
- Goods must be returned to the address in our reply to your returns email and the cost of packing and returning any goods will be at the customer’s expense.
- Goods must be returned in the condition they were delivered. They must not be opened and must have seals intact.
- Once returned if the items are deemed to be in satisfactory condition, we will refund the cost of the goods within 28 days. If the entire order is returned we will also refund the cost of our standard delivery within 28 days.
- The buyer may cancel any order for goods for any reason up to the point of dispatch for a full refund.
- The buyer can change their mind within 14 days of receiving their order to qualify for a return.
- For faulty items the buyer shall inspect the goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify Out of Town Games Ltd by email as soon as is possible but within 30 days if the goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the contract. If the buyer fails to do so the buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods. Out of Town Games Ltd may require photographic evidence of damage or faults and this will need to be provided if requested.
- We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- If you have a specific question about any of the products please feel free to contact us prior to your purchase. This is not limited to, but may include details about a specific edition, component, or published year.
- The years stated in descriptions are the year the game was first issued and not necessarily the year that the edition on offer was published.
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
9. Website links
- Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
10. User reviews, feedback and other submissions
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
11. Personal information
12. Intellectual Property
- All material and content contained within this website is made available for personal and non-commercial use, and may only be downloaded for the purpose of using ootgames.com. Other use of materials on this website is prohibited, and users agree not to copy, reproduce, publish, or commercially exploit our content. All photographs are either taken by ourselves or used with express permission of the author. Review snippets have also been used with permission by their author.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with the goods, our service to you or any other matter please contact us by email or phone as soon as possible (see section 1).
- If a resolution cannot be found, we will let you know that we cannot settle the dispute and offer certain information required by law about our alternative dispute resolution provider. You may also use the online dispute resolution platform to resolve this dispute with us.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract but you may still benefit from mandatory consumer protections applicable within your own territory.
14. Limits on our responsibility
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- Death or personal injury, unless caused by our negligence.
- Losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed.
- Losses that were not caused by any breach on our part.
- Losses to non-consumers.
- Any other losses.
15. Competitions and Giveaways
By entering any competition hosted by, or in conjunction with, Out of Town Games an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- There is no entry fee to enter our competitions.
- Prizes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged.
- Closing times and dates will clearly stated where the giveaway is advertised.
- Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted via Instagram, Facebook or email.
- A winner has 7 days to provide their details and claim their prize. In the event of an unclaimed prize after 7 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- Please ensure you only provide details to Out of Town Games. if you have seen your account tagged publicly on the winning announcement.
- Please note that giveaways can attract unscrupulous accounts on social media so be wary.
- Our competitions are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. Instagram and Facebook are not responsible to entrants in any aspect of our prize draws. We cannot be held responsible if any unforeseen circumstances affect this free prize draw.
- Competitions are open to entrants aged 13 and over (entrants between 13-17 must have parental or guardian permission). Anyone can enter from from the UK. In the unlikely event the parcel gets lost or stolen in the post, we will have a proof of posting and will do our best to help but will not be held responsible.
- Entry into our competitions will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. Changes to Terms and Conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.